If you have ever used a recent version of Ubuntu, you will no doubt be familiar with the Unity interface. Love it or hate it, Unity offers an incredibly quick and intuitive way to access your most commonly used applications from a launcher that appears on the left hand side of your screen. In a similar style, Swapps! (a new Android tweak) doesn’t attempt to completely replace the devices main launcher. What it does do, however, is offer a way of accessing all your applications from wherever you are without returning to the home screen.
Swapps! is the ultimate tool for multitasking on your android device. With a simple swipe action you can get to any other app you wish.
Swapps! launcher is always there, when you play, read or listen, you can always swipe and switch to another app.
Swapps! Active Panel is divided into 3 spaces:
* Starred – Your favorite apps will always be on top for quick access.
* Recent Used – the last recent applications that you used for quick switching between tasks.
* All Apps – Full app drawer!
* Swapps contains full app drawer just like in your home app
* ‘Recently Used’ panel contains 5 last apps you opened
* ‘Recently Used’ app’s background process can be closes by long press on the app
* ‘Starred’ panel holds up to 10 of your favorite apps
* Swapps! is accessible anytime, regardless of which application is currently running, using a simple swipe!
* Notification icon can be disabled or made transparent in the settings screen.
* Fully customizable swipe-area (Side, Width, Height)
* Doesn’t affect battery life!!!
How to use Swapps:
- Swipe your fingure from the edge of the screen to the middle of the screen
- Choose an app that you’d like to launch
It’s as simple as that.
*KILL_BACKGROUND_TASKS permission is required to close background processes of recent running apps if the user chooses to.