After a long time Chronic Dev Team and iPhone Dev Team released the much awaited new version of Absinthe which will jailbreak all iOS devices including New iPad, iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS. the whole list is listed below. Absinthe 2.0 only supports iOS devices running iOS 5.1.1, so you have to update to iOS 5.1.1 to untethered Jailbreak your device.
How To: Jailbreak New iPad, iPhone 4S and all other iOS devices using Absinthe 2:
Absinthe 2.0 supports the following devices
Compatible devices for iOS 5.1.1 untether:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad (3rd Gen)
- iPad 2
- iPad 1
- iPod touch 3G/4G
- Apple TV (2nd Gen)
How To Use Absinthe 2.0:
1. Make a backup of your device in iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu and click ‘Back Up’.
2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings – General – Reset – Erase all Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.
3. Open Absinthe and be sure you are still connected via USB cable to your computer.
4. Click ‘Jailbreak’ and wait…. just be patient and do not disconnect your device.
5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. Right click on your device name under the ‘Devices’ menu in the left panel of iTunes and click ‘Restore from Back Up…’ then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device ie, apps, photos, etc.)
6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!