Apple has just released iTunes 10.5 with number of new features and improvements and a support for iOS 5 which will be released on October 12th. iTunes 10.5 also enables iTunes Match, a new music service by Apple based on iCloud; iTunes Match, however, will publicly launch in the United States only at the end of October.
What’s new in iTunes 10.5
• iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.
• Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
• Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
• Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.
• Wi-Fi Syncing. Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they’re both on the same Wi-Fi network.
UPDATE: We have just tested iTunes 10.5 on our Jailbroken iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4G. It’s safe for Jailbreak iOS devices.