Couple of days back GeoHot Released a video on Jailbreaking/ Running Hombrew on Firmware v3.55. And now GeoHot has released that Jailbreak package to Jailbreak PS3 v3.55. The GeoHot PS3 jailbreak allows you to install and run homebrew packages ( GeoHot provides test.pkg which is a splash screen ), but you can’t play backup games or pirated games for now.
Guide: HOW TO: Jailbreak PS3 v3.55:
- Insert a USB Stick into the Computer.
- Download the Jailbreak File Here.
- Now create a ‘PS3′ folder in the USB Stick and inside the ‘PS3′ Folder create another folder called ‘UPDATE’
- Now the unzip the file you just downloaded ‘Jailbreak.zip’ to ‘PS3UPDAT.PUP’
- Move PS3UPDAT.PUP to the directory UPDATE that you just created on the USB stick
- Now Plug USB in PS3 and go to setting Tab
- Choose System Update and Update via Storage Device
- IT will ask for v3.55 Update press OK
- Install the Jailbreak Update.
- After less than a minute your PS3 will Update, been 4 times than shut down
- Now Power up your Console (not from Controller)
- Your Console is now Fully Jailbroken
Now to test run a Pkg file on your Jailbroken PS3 v3.55
- Plug your USB stick into your computer
- Drop http://geohot.com/test.pkg into the root of the USB stick
- Plug your USB stick into your PS3
- Navigate to the Game Tab
- Choose Install Package Files
- Select Test.pkg
- This is a splash screen test which proves Your Console can now run Homebrew.
Subscribe to our Rss Feed.